Thursday, May 9, 2013

What is it with the USA?

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to my blog as much as I should have done, but I'm back again now. I find I have less and less time to do things and I can't work out if it is because I am 50 something, busier than usual, or it takes me longer to do things. Maybe I'm just lazy!
 
Every time we hear of some outrageous thing from the USA (think massacres, think abductions, think gun control) I can't help wondering why they have got where they are. Why do people from the Middle East hate them so much? Why would anyone hate anyone else that much?
 
And then why would they shoot each other? I went to the USA last year and the very first day that I was there was the day of the massacre in the movie theatre. A few days later was the Sheik massacre at one of their temples. There have been a few more since then, the latest being the bombing during the Boston marathon.
 
We see on the news how some part of the US government is trying to strengthen gun control laws, but other parts don't want to. Then there is the NRA, who says that it's not guns that are the problem, but people. From my point of view, if people didn't have guns, then they couldn't shoot other people, in other words, no guns equals no massacres.
 
I gather that the NRA is a very powerful organisation and they are fighting for their lives. I came across these videos of a comedian comparing gun control in the USA and in Australia.  Have a look. They are very good.
 
 
 
 
 
 
What do you think about those? I think they say it all! I'd be interested to hear what you think.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to seeing your comments.